Pain Management Community
help p.s.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

help p.s.

I was also wondering if anyone can tell me if the lyrica should have helped on the first dose and if I shoud continue to try it or if I should just switch back to the neurontin.  Is the lyrica something that takes days to get used to?  
Also I am very disconcerted over the fact that he gave me a crapload of cymbalta and asked me if I had ever been treated for anxiety or depression.  I shared that the baby was depressing and my choice was regretted sadly but after a couple of months that went away like I am hoping the physical pain will.  I am not sure the cymbalta will help me if I am not depressed.  Does it do anything for pain?
Tags: Pain, help
I would give the lyrica a couple weeks to get the full effect you will get from it.
Cymbalta is used for pain control as well as depression. A lot of PM doctors go by the fact that if you have chronic pain then you do have or will develop depression. This is why Cymbalta was made to have a medication that can treat both.
I would definitely try it as it could be the medication that helps you the most. With pain it is a trial and error game you just have to keep trying different things until you find what is right for you.
It took a month for me to feel the benefits of Lyrica.  It REALLY helped my fibro!  But the first couple of weeks I had side effects so intense I could barely worked.  That all went away.  But do give the Lyrica time.

Angie
i will just add another yes it takes a little time for some. It works well for my Chronic pain as an adjunct to other meds. And keep looking and trying new things---even "weird" things like breathwork and meditation. Good luck in your journey.   OM