Pain Management Community
help p.s.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

help p.s.

I was also wondering if anyone can tell me if the lyrica should have helped on the first dose and if I shoud continue to try it or if I should just switch back to the neurontin.  Is the lyrica something that takes days to get used to?  
Also I am very disconcerted over the fact that he gave me a crapload of cymbalta and asked me if I had ever been treated for anxiety or depression.  I shared that the baby was depressing and my choice was regretted sadly but after a couple of months that went away like I am hoping the physical pain will.  I am not sure the cymbalta will help me if I am not depressed.  Does it do anything for pain?
Tags: Pain, help
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
356518_tn?1322267242
I would give the lyrica a couple weeks to get the full effect you will get from it.
Cymbalta is used for pain control as well as depression. A lot of PM doctors go by the fact that if you have chronic pain then you do have or will develop depression. This is why Cymbalta was made to have a medication that can treat both.
I would definitely try it as it could be the medication that helps you the most. With pain it is a trial and error game you just have to keep trying different things until you find what is right for you.
Blank
It took a month for me to feel the benefits of Lyrica.  It REALLY helped my fibro!  But the first couple of weeks I had side effects so intense I could barely worked.  That all went away.  But do give the Lyrica time.

Angie
Blank
i will just add another yes it takes a little time for some. It works well for my Chronic pain as an adjunct to other meds. And keep looking and trying new things---even "weird" things like breathwork and meditation. Good luck in your journey.   OM
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...