Pain Management Community
hip and back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

hip and back pain

I have been diagnosed with Bursitus in my hips,Arthritis in my back, bulging discs hitting a nerve near the sacrum of my spine. I have had injections that did not work, and I walk. The worst part is getting out of bed in the morning. If i take Ibuprophen i fall back asleep! Sense I also have depression this is not a good way to start my day. If I clean a lot, I usually sprain my back. I am starting to get really sore knees going down stairs now.
what next? What can i do for Bursitus or bulging discs? I do not have good Health insurance. Please advise.
Hello and Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am so sorry to hear about your pain .... and having no health insurance can only make the issues more complicated.

I've had Trochanteric (Hip) Bursitis several times. Each time I've had a steroid injection into the hip which has almost immediately and completely ceased the pain. If this is a possibility for you it may also be helpful.

Trochanteric Bursitis can be extremely painful and disrupt our normal daily functions. The hip contains the largest bursae in the body.... and it endures a tremendous amount of daily demands, stress and weight.

I hope this has been helpful.... and I wish you the best.  Please let us know how you are doing.

Take Care,
~Tuck