hip and leg pain
recently i have developed pain in my right hip and shoots dowm my leg to where i cant lay on my right side.two yrs ago they found i have a bulging disc and the siatica nerve on my left side is pinched.could this be coming from that?
Hello Beth. Absolutley. Your pain is classic with lumber back troubles. Have you had an MRI, Scan or X-Ray lately? If not, then you are due for one. I would discuss the symptoms you are having with your Doctor as soon as possible. The longer you let something go might result in more damage than you have now.

Take care and good luck in the future,

Mollyrae
While your symptoms could be a result of the disc and sciatica there could be other problems causing the pain as well. Have you had a nerve conduction study done? I would definitely go and get the test required to see if your dealing with anything new. Good luck and we here for you if you need us for support, questions or to just vent:)
Hi Beth,

I am glad you found us at MedHelp. Welcome. Pain can be life altering. I am very sorry you are hurting. I hope this is only a temporary issue for you.

Yes your pain could very well be related to your bulging disc however a lot can happen in two years.  If I am reading your post correctly this pain is different than what you had two years ago. The most important thing is that you return to your physician and have it evaluated.

The other possibility is bursitis in your hip. The bursae in our hips are the largest in our body and when they become inflamed they are very painful. Often patients will complain of inability to lay on the effected hip, sometimes just touching it or bumping it can cause extreme pain. If the bursae is significantly inflamed it also causes pain to shoot down the leg, usually on the side of the hip but it can also mimic sciatic pain. Ice, rest and NSAID can ease the pain but often more treatment is required, especially if it is long standing. This is obviously just a guess, only your PCP can diagnosis the problem.

Please keep us posted and let us know how you are doing. We are here to support you in anyway we can. I look forward to your updates. Take care, Tuck
Great advice Tuck,
   I had some problems with bursitis long ago and I had forgotten about it and that could very well be the problem.
I have been having a lot more pain in my hips and can't sleep on either one and I just chalked it up my other problems being worse as they sometimes are but now that I think of it your right! I will have to go to the Dr and see if I Can get some shots done again as they did help a lot back when I got them long ago.
Thanks!:)
I have severe pain through my hip and radiates down my leg, a year ago I was told my MRI showed a bulging disc, since then I have been without health insurance; in which has left me to try and handle this without medical attention. And since my pain is becoming almost unbearable and has turned into more of a very achy and tiresome feeling in my hip/upper thigh. Any suggestions on who would be feasible cost wise on helping me with this manner?