Pain Management Community
how can i cure testicular and lower back pain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

after a sports injury i developed pain in my left testicle. i ignored it for several years..it would flare up often after workouts etc. then after some time go away. but every so often the small of my back goes out too, and feels as if there is a spear from my testicle to the left side of my back diagonally...where it joins into the inner hip at back..is this pain part of the epididymitis or not? it took several years but a doctor diagnosed the epididimytis..gave antibiotics but because it was caused by sport injury i could not see what antibiotics had to do with it so did not take. now my girlfriend tells me it really is caused by infection and because i didnt get antibiotics for it long ago it will be too late and i will just have to live with the pain. is this true? it stops me from running, jumping, kickboxing, playing with my kids etc..but not from sex by god! never that! but seriously, does anyone know answers to this? could a herpes virus or something have caused it? can herpes get into spine? is the meridian between testicle and back connected and would say accupuncture therefore help?

i am not aware of any std i may have and recent tests have shown negative but is it possible for them to elude detection?

thank you to any kind person willing to help me!

tim
Symptoms of sciatic nerve pain/irritation generally cause pains which shoot down the buttocks down the leg, burning or tingling sensations in the legs, and cramps. Epididymytis, prostatitis, or any inflammation of the male genital tract, may cause a number of symptoms, Back pain, testicular pain, difficulty voiding, just to name a few. I would suggest some diagnostic studies, to rule out a chronic infection or any other anomaly. If it's actually related to a back injury this can be identified by, for example, by a MRI. Regardless of the problem, you need re-evaluated.
Hi Tim like yourself i suffer the same problems, you said you get pain from testicle to back this is probably differed pain from Epididtmytis as its common for the pain to seem like its back related when the origin is from the testicle (not too say you may have back pain also!) there are two types of this disorder first bacterial that is infection and is harboured within the prostrate and moves to eppy part of testicle, the other type is none bacterial none-infection type, the normal diagnosis for this is chronic pelvic pain syndrome, now after saying this there is still a lack of knowledge of the cause of these problems where they come from and also they are difficult to treat, i would tend to agree with your girlfriend and add its urological problem but Tim the medical profession will tend not to agree with what i will also add that its possible that these problems are mechanically caused, this is purley through my experience as there is a community of sufferers of this disorder and they do find some relief from excerise and relaxation i can definatly recommend taking GABAPENTIN 300mg 3times daily, starting at just 1 tablet in the evening and building the dosage up gradule and they must not be abruply stopped, weened off instead this is a pain tablet that can "relax the groin muscles" as they have found tension withing this area to exuburate these problems,TRAMADOL or ULTRAM for more severe pain and anti-flams are good also people are also prone to infections who suffer from high levels of stress and depression as these defences are compromised so its wise to take steps to reduce any stress, many guys say just prior to this they were "burnt out" emotionally,the docs right you need to eliminate infection this is done by prostatic massage and culture also you need a bladder inspection done and full blood count also have you had a scan of the testicles?  this is a must, anyway Tim email me if you want to chat simon.***@****