how long does it take for a 50 mcg/1hr fentanyl patch to take effect
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR A 50 MCG/1HR FENTANYL PATCH TO TAKE EFFECT
Hi Slender:  Unless it has changed since I was on them, It should only take 12 hours.  If it goes longer than that, call your doctor.  But don't put on another one!  One of my doctor's patients didn't think it was working so he put another one on an hour after the first.  He later got picked up for DUI!  And this gentleman was not one to drive under the influence!!

I'd like to welcome you the Pain Management forum.  Our community is made up of chronic pain patients.  It sounds like you will fit right in!  So please post any questions and feel free to answer any questions you can help with.  We offer support to our members when times are bad.  And celebrate every victory, however small.  So please stick around.

Welcome!
Sara
I'd like to say welcome as well.  I've found so much information on this site and it has helped me tremendously.  .I hope you'll share you story with us and continue your involvement here.  I'm sure you'll find loads of information and support and you probably have a lot of knowledge that will help other here.
Hello Slender,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am glad that you found us at MedHelp.

Yes it takes 8-12 hours before the ingredients of the medicated patch begins to be absorbed through your skin and becomes effective. Very one responds differently to medications but this is the average time period. In 24 hours you should have the full benefits on the Fentanyl.

I also invite you to become active in our community. Some members just respond t questions for the most part and post periodically, others post at least weekly. Some of our members just like top vent while other have questions. Most of us due a bit of it all. So please join us. I have discovered that Chronic Pain patients need all the support that they can find.  We truly can empathize with the challenges that chronic pain presents in our lives.

We look forward to hearing from you again. Best of luck to you.

Take Care,
~Tuck
Hi Slender,

I want to add my Welcome to you to the Forum also along with Tuck, Sara and Mellie4!!

Tuck and Sara are correct, it is anywhere from 8 to 12 hrs.

I hope that you are getting good relief with your Fentanyl Patches.

I hope that you will let us know how you are doing. Again, we are ALL glad that you are a member here.  Good Luck to you....Sherry