how long for meds to get out of system
I have several prescibed meds, norco, oxycontin and valium.  The main problem is I hate my job, ya who doesn't.  But its getting worse.  I would like to get out and see if I could find a new job, most employers if not all employers now drug test potential employee's.  I have a feeling if I tell them about my back problems and the meds I am on they will round file my application and not even consider me for the job.  How long would it take to get these meds out of my systme???  and what would I  use???  I had heard taking the no flush niacin works.  Can anyone confirm this or give me any advice.

Thanks a bunch

Chuck
if you can confirm that shomehow, sue them, its discrimination
Hell Chuck,

First of all there are legal limits on what a prospective employer can ask and not ask. They can ask if you can preform the required duties of the position. They cannot ask if you have a back injury. So obviously if you can't lift you would not apply for a warehouse position.

Yes many employers require drug tests. When I applied for a part time position (that I could perform) I told them that I had a perscription for a narcotic and I knew it would show up on my drug test. I told them I could provide them with documentation from my physician regarding the narcotic if they so required. I did not tell them why I took the narcotic and they did not ask. Good judgement call on their part. My test did show the use of prescribed narcotic, they did not ask for a physicians documentation and I got hired.

So I would apply for anothe job if you are unhappy in your current one. Life is too short to be tied to a job that you do not like. If you can change I would sertainly do so. Just a word of caution, do not let your present employer know that you are looking.

Good luck to you and please let us know how it goes,
Peace, Tuck  
I hope you do look for work you would enjoy but this is not the way to go about it. it is not safe to take anything to " flush" your system from medications you take on a daliy basis. if you do as the others say and just tell them your prescibed a certain medication you should be fine.
Thank you for all the great information.  Yes I hate having a job that when you wake up in the morning you almost get sick from thought of going to your job.  By the way I work at a hospital.  I am beginning to think there are no jobs out there that one can enjoy doing????  but am keeping my fingers crossed.  Take care all and once again thank you.