Pain Management Community
how to loose weight

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

how to loose weight

hello i recently visited doctor he told that i have arthiritis in my left femur  and he asked me to reduce weight but at the same time he asked me not jump run or do sum sort of exerise..how can i reduce weight plzzzzzzzzzzzz help me
I would recommend that you join some sort of organization such as Weight Watchers.  I believe that they are world wide.  

Back in the 70's I lost 76 lbs with them and I lectured with them for more than 10 years.  It is without a doubt the BEST way to lose weight BECAUSE they put the EMPHASIS on maintenance for when you've finished and need to keep it off.  It's just based on common sense eating BUT you have the added benefit of the meetings as well as the comaraderie of the other members.  

If you don't want the meetings then I believe they now have the program available on the internet.

No I'm NOT PUSHING Weight Watchers BUT I KNOW from personal experience that it IS the VERY best way to lose the weight and that is what the poster - kai381 - asked about.  :)

I wish you the best no matter what way you try.  Let us know how you do....Sherry  :)
actually i have a very busy schedule of study..it is not possible for me to join some sort of organization so i was thinking to post here and get some help ..i will try to get them on internet and thank you so much for your concern:)
Hi kai,

I just thought to look on MH and it turns out that we have a Weight Loss and Dieting Forum!!  I hope that it MIGHT be of help to you.  Also, if you look into Weight Watchers on line I KNOW that they can help to guide you and STILL give you the support that you need.  However, Our Forum here will be free and Weight Watchers charges a fee.

Here is that link to it:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Weight-Loss--Dieting/show/190

Best of luck to you!!!   I KNOW that you will do VERY well no matter which route you take.......Sherry