Pain Management Community
individual Duragesic Patches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

individual Duragesic Patches

My doctor has prescribed 4 individual Duragesic patches in one dose and 2 individual patches in another dose.  The pharmacist says he can only dispense whole boxes of 5 patches in each dose.  Can pharmacists dispense individual patches?
Tags: Duragesic, Fentanyl Patch, individual patches
It depends on how the patches are packaged. Some brands have each patch sealed individually within the box of them, enabling the pharmacist to fill a prescription for even a single patch if need be.  Other brands are not packaged to be prescribed individually, and come in the box of 5 only. The pharmacy you went to only stocks the "box of 5" . I hope I explained it clear enough for you, as i'm exhausted. If you need any more info., Just ask. Good luck,
   shinty