Pain Management Community
is there any med to help me get of vicoden

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

hi, ima a 21 year old whos been addicted to vicoden for about 2 months. only 80 mg works to do its effects. i buy them from the streets. i buy them for pain but im not going to lie, i use it also to get high. of course i do cold water extractions to take out the tylenol. i cant go 2 rehab im in college. i know health is more important but if theres something out there to stop the withdrawals. i dont take it for one day and im all nausaous, head shocks, mad mood, dipression. i want somthing to get off this crap. shoulda never started. i also smoke weed but that was never a problem for me. these pills are. thanks. i dont wanna be at the point where im taking 100 mg of hydro to feel its effects
Hi there...

I think you will be much better helped by using the Addiction/Substance Abuse board we have here.

From everything that you have written....especially about "cold water extractions" etc....you are very heavily into addiction.

I have to say that unless and until you are ready to 100% be committed to becoming sober, it won't happen.

College courses can wait. This is your life and being as hard core as you are at this age...it will only get worse unless you really put all effort into being clean and that will take a lot more than just weaning off these pills.

It's a mental disorder that needs to be figured out what your triggers are emotionally that brings you to use, as well as getting rid of any "friends" that also do drugs....It's going to take turning your whole life around.

Anyway...I truly wish you luck with this but this particular board is for those who have never abused our meds so we wouldn't be very much help. The addiction board has a lot of great people who can empathize and walk this walk with you...

Take care..
hey there jt: i tell you what dude where you are right now ***** bigtime and i am sorry that there wasn't something in place to educate you about the reality of just taking some pills. As you grew up watching sport heroes and music idols etc. taking these drugs it seemed ok---ya know   cool. Now ya know it's not.  BUT you did a very smart thing in posting here and i think you should keep posting here as there are many at this site who can offer excellent advice--such as you got from weathergirl--and explore the addiction forum---BUT the primary thing is for you not to wait (the addiction voice tells you to wait just a little more,it's ok sweetie). Ya need help now jt and it is out there and You are Young and i applaud you for already realizing the hole you dug and for sending out a big SOS. now you just read and then follow-up the advice ya get  OK?   om  you will be fine   yogadon
glad to hear you are looking for some help. That is the first step. There is a thing called the Thomas recipe you can do a Google search that can help you detox comfortably but once you detox it is up to you to stay off I would suggest a group or continue with the forum posting but as weather girl said you have to make a 100 percent commitment.  sounds like you are there or at least getting there I wish you all the luck. And at least a good detox, would let you know what it feels like to be sober, give your body and your kidneys and rest.  if you are dealing with pain, I would definitely get some plans in place