Pain Management Community
is there something wrong??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

is there something wrong??

Hi, on Thursday I had a HIDA scan for my gallbladder. As some of you may know the test starts by having you laying.on a.table with an IV of whatever they give you to show your gallbladder. Your than pushed up to this square machine right over your stomache and you lay there for fourty minutes. If your gallbladder didn't appear than it was ruled abnormal. Mine didn't appear so they told me and my mom to come back in an hour and we can see if ir filled any well it showed only alittle. I than was asked questions if I ate or drank.anything when I wasn't suppose to and I didn't. Sense my gallbladder filled a little we carried on to the functioning part of the test. It saw my.gallbladder was passing it okay... what does this mean?
Hi!
I am not sure what pictures actually appeared on the scan, but in a normal HIDA scan the radioactive tracer travels with bile from liver to gall bladder to small intestine. This takes approximately an hour. If the tracer moves slowly then this may indicate a blockage of bile ducts or a liver infection. If the gall bladder does not fill up with the tracer then this may indicate acute cholecystitis. If there is slow passage of tracer from gall bladder to small intestine then this may indicate chronic cholecystitis. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.