Pain Management Community
joint pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

joint pain

Im a 29 year construction worker,I have severe joint pain only at night.At the end of the day siiting on the couch watching tv around nine o; clock every night I sit in severe pain and never fall asleep completely.The pain is getting more frequent and more severe..................Please help.
Hi bgnic,

I sounds like this pain your experiencing really interferes with your functioning and well being as not getting enough sleep effects your ability to be fully present at your job the next day and runs your body down and lowers your immune system.
   You should really try to make an app with your PCP as soon as possible so they can run some tests and refer you to someone that can help you find out what the problem can be.
Do you live in an area where you could have been bit by a tick? Lymes disease can cause joint pain, fatigue and a list of other symptoms.
You may also want to be tested for things like arthritis or Rhumatoid arthritis and Fibromyalgia.
Ask your PCP about sending you to a Rhumatologist which is a DR that specializes in Systemic conditions and diseases(systemic meaning something that is effecting your entire system of numerous areas of your body)
A Rhumatologist can do many indepth blood tests that regulat internal DR;s like your PCP arent able to do.
While your waiting for these test and appointments you may want to ask if there is anything that they can give you to help lower the pain so your able to sleep and work. Be totally honest about everything this pain is doing, how it feels and what it is effecting. There are many medications like anti-inflamatories that may help if your joints are inflamed. They may feel your pain is severe enough to give you something a little stronger though that would be up to them and what they think the problem may be.

At home you can take hot baths and use hot or cold compresses on your joints. If your joints are inflammed you'll want to stay away from using too much heat so that the inflamation (inflammation) doesnt get worse.
You can drink Chamomile tea to help relax you and make you sleepy so that you will hopefully fall asleep.

I hope your able to get in and see your DR as soon as you can. If you live in an area that has ticks dont let this go, lymes can be serious if left untreated and your obviously having a really hard time sleeping so you need to get it taken care of soon no matter what they problem may be.
I hope your sleeping well tonight and your pain is giving you a break.
Please ket us know how things go.

TMA