Pain Management Community
kill the nerves
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

kill the nerves

Does any one know a doc that can or would  kill the nerves in my leg ,hip and foot ?
Tags: nerves
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
547368_tn?1332173665
Welcome to MH. I'm sorry you are having so much pain. You will discover that we can relate. I am glad you found us.

Yes there are physicians that will "kill" nerves. In my experience they usually are anestheseologists that work in pain management clinics. However that is a very drastic treatment. They are many things to consider before you resort to such a final treatment. Of course that is my opinion. It was offered to me some years ago for my leg pain. I did not want to live my life with a "dead" limb.

If they treat your femoral nerve and it turns out to be the sciatic nerve they cannot undue the treatment. So I suggest you very absolutely sure that you are make and educated decision, knowing all the facts, the pros and cons. I know there are times I would just like them to "cut it off" but of course that is unrealictic. I just get fustrated with the pain.

I wish you much luck. Please keep us updated. And take care, Tuck
Blank
535089_tn?1388447159
Hi mypain. Welcome to MH. It sounds like you've had it with the pain and will try anything to rid yourself of it but as Tuckamore said, that is an extreme step to take and you would not want the Doc to kill one nerve when it perhaps is the other. Please think of your alternatives, discuss all options with your Doctor. Please take care and we are here for you.
Mollyrae
Blank
356518_tn?1322267242
Some do not realize the extent of this procedure. When you totally destroy the nerve you have no way of knowing if your doing something you should not do , in other words pain is to signal us that we need to stop what we are doing or we will do more damage. If you kill the nerves off there is no signal to let you know to back off therefore causing further injury. I would do as suggested and look at all the alternatives.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...