kill the nerves
Does any one know a doc that can or would  kill the nerves in my leg ,hip and foot ?
Welcome to MH. I'm sorry you are having so much pain. You will discover that we can relate. I am glad you found us.

Yes there are physicians that will "kill" nerves. In my experience they usually are anestheseologists that work in pain management clinics. However that is a very drastic treatment. They are many things to consider before you resort to such a final treatment. Of course that is my opinion. It was offered to me some years ago for my leg pain. I did not want to live my life with a "dead" limb.

If they treat your femoral nerve and it turns out to be the sciatic nerve they cannot undue the treatment. So I suggest you very absolutely sure that you are make and educated decision, knowing all the facts, the pros and cons. I know there are times I would just like them to "cut it off" but of course that is unrealictic. I just get fustrated with the pain.

I wish you much luck. Please keep us updated. And take care, Tuck
Hi mypain. Welcome to MH. It sounds like you've had it with the pain and will try anything to rid yourself of it but as Tuckamore said, that is an extreme step to take and you would not want the Doc to kill one nerve when it perhaps is the other. Please think of your alternatives, discuss all options with your Doctor. Please take care and we are here for you.
Mollyrae
Some do not realize the extent of this procedure. When you totally destroy the nerve you have no way of knowing if your doing something you should not do , in other words pain is to signal us that we need to stop what we are doing or we will do more damage. If you kill the nerves off there is no signal to let you know to back off therefore causing further injury. I would do as suggested and look at all the alternatives.
I have had nerve damage on both of my feet from neuropathy and I'm wondering how I can deaden the nerves it burns day and night seven days a week 24 hours a day I need dad and my nerves I have had everything cream's pills narcotics I need some kind of relief I just want to know how to kill the nerves in my feet so I no longer have this burning stabbing pain
I'm sorry but there is no standard of treatment to destroy the sensory nerves of the feet to treat neuropathy.

There is a new medication -- Lyrica (pregabalin) that is approved for the treatment of diabetic neuropathy. Have you tried Lyrica?

There is also some evidence that high dose dextromethorphan is effective in reducing the pain of diabetic neuropathy by up to 25%.

I'm sorry to hear of your suffering -- I too have neuropathy from spinal stenosis, though mine is not yet as severe as you describe. I know how annoying it is to have burning feet, especially in the evenings when trying to rest.

Best wishes.
Rather than look towards medication, I would highly recommend taking a good hard look at accupuncture.

Not some western guy that just finished his one year training course in accupuncture. No, I'm talking about "the real deal." Someone from China who comes from a long line of generation-to-generation accupuncturists. Someone that's 70 years old, been doing it all his life, learned from his father, who learned from the grandfather, etc.

Use Google, use word-of-mouth.

It is absolutely mind-boggling the power of accupuncture.

Regarding DXM (dextromethorphan), stay away. Far, far, FAR away.

After you've given the search for an accupuncturist your best shot, feel free to post back and request help.