Pain Management Community
knee hairline fracture please HELP!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

knee hairline fracture please HELP!!

i am 18 and just stopped gymnastics and last june i had knee surgery on my right knee i had arthisis and cartilage removed and also they drilled holes in my kneecap (inside not on top) and i prob went back to the gym a little too sooon and i just went back for the last checkup and they tock xrays of the knee and they did not metion anything about having a hairline fracture in the kneecap but i hurt ALOT to go up and down stairs and also i cannot put on pressure on that aera or kneel on it or squat or sit on my knee running somtimes hurt and when i run in gymn class it hurts somtimes and jumping also somtimes hurts so i dunno if there could be one or if it is just me also i coach gymnastics for like 3 hours for 4 days a week at my gym so i am constantly up and down on my knees and bending and jumping to show different skills to the kids it hurts alot when i am there spotting at the end of the day it just feels like i have to sitt down and rest it and some days are worse then others
i have not notice any siffuncant swelling around the knee or bursing or redness but i feel like when i press on it (this hurts ) it feels like there is a crack or a desformed somthing in my knee
so my questions are
could there possibly be a small hairline fracture that the doctor could have missed on the xray what do i
Hello Britt,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum.

It is possible to miss a fracture (FX). However your knee and supporting structures is a very complicated joint. It is my guess that you may have other things going on beside a FX. In my opinion, it's time to consult an othro....or return to the one you originally consulted.

Best of luck to you. I hope they will be able to get to the bottom of your pain.

Take Care,
~Tuck