knee pain after surgery
I had a double knee surgery done on my knees 4 months ago because I couldn't bend my knees without experiencing extreme knee pain.  The surgery fixed my left knee but the doctor had to shorten a tenet in my right knee, and I ended up having internal bleeding in my right knee for weeks after the surgery which resulted in causing some scare tissue. I had another knee surgery on my right knee a week ago to remove the scare tissue and now my knee when I touch it lightly it feels like it is frozen but when I put ice on it or bend it or put any pressure at all on it, it feels like an electric shock and is so painful it almost makes me pass out.  I think it is some sort of nerve damage,  I was given 2mg dalodid to take for the pain but even if I take 4 of them at a time it doesn't even touch the pain.  I don't know what to do to treat the pain, please help:(    
Hi and welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I am so sorry to hear about your horrid knee pain and post-op complications.

First let me apologize for not responding to your post sooner. My mom was in the hospital and dad is very ill so it has been hectic. I'm sorry I missed your post.

I think your assessment may be correct. Your pain does sound like it is related to nerve damage, inflammation or entrapment. However it's just been a week and your knee has under gone a lot of trauma with two surgeries and the complications. Your nerves may just be very inflamed and irritated due to the trauma. They may improve and heal with time. I would certainly observe it closely and follow all rehab instructions to the letter.

I suggest that you only take the dilaudid as directed. If it is not holding you than please contact your physician/surgeon and discuss it with him/her. He may select another medication that will be more effective in relieving your pain better. It is possible your surgeon may add a medication like Neurontin. Often it is beneficial in treating nerve pain.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. We all suffer from chronic pain on this forum and can relate to your journey. We are here to support you. I will look forward to your updates. Best of luck!

Take Care,
Tuck