knee pain with numbness in foot
what is wrong with my knee and what treatment should i do?   i have numbness in the bottom of my right foot that is constant.  I have soreness on top above my knee and soreness/muscle stiffnees in my calf.  During certain motions i have servere pain in the back of my knee that runs down my leg.  I have seen a doctor and i am waiting to have an mri completed.  I have been trying ice and taking some ibufrorin.  
I have a severly arthritic left knee and it is affecting my left foot making it numb and it feels like someone is sticking needles in it
Hello Raladteacher,

Arthritis is a possibility but the knee is complicated and there are multiple things that could be wrong with you knee. There are ligaments, tendons, meniscus tears and many other things that could be going on.

It sounds like you are doing the right thing, ice and NSAID's. Does ice help? If you are several days past initial pain than heat pay also be helpful, unless your physician has said otherwise. The MRI should give your physician the answers you and he are seeking. It is a very good diagnostic tool.

I wish you the very best. Please let us know how you are doing. Take Care, Tuck
Your symptoms are very similar to mine. I have had this for over three years now and the Dr's can't figure it out. MRI's three times, three phase bone scan's once, exrays about five times, cat's also,therapy twice the first time they would not help me because they said I had a torn tendon. I remember my family doc saying at the beginning " that every specialist feels obligated to find something... now I take 10 pills a day and still have the same symptoms. I urge you to find a pain clinic that is dedicated to find out whats up, the Dr at the one I go to said she will find out or she'll find someone who can.
  During all the proding in the first year they found out I had HEP C, I treated for 48 weeks and killed the buggers dead.

I'm going in the Hospital for four days for an evaluation by all types of  Doc's and find out what meds work for me.
  Don't sit back, make it a priority to find help.

Harry