Pain Management Community
knee pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

knee pain

I had knee pain in outer side of knee while playing soccer. I took serratiopeptidase + diclofenac potassium capsule by doctors advice. I took rest for 2 weeks but when I started playing it started again. Please advice.
Tags: Pain, Knee, Soccer
Hi!
The location of the knee pain can be a useful guide to the cause of pain. Pain on the outer side of the knee is usually related to meniscal tears, injuries to the collateral ligaments, and even to arthritis. Ligament injury causes pain to worsen on walking, bending and stretching the knee. Meniscii too if torn or injured, result in joint instability—that is you are not confident the knee joint will take your weight. Often the person feels a popping sensation on moving the joint. Pain worsens on walking. It can also be tendinitis due to inflammation of tendon at the knee joint. You will need X-rays and MRIs of the knee to find the exact. Treatment will follow correct diagnosis. Do consult your orthopedic specialist at the earliest. Meanwhile do not bear weight on that leg, give it rest, apply ice pack, and take an anti-inflammatory pain killer. Take care!
Thanks for reply sir :-)

I had the same kind of at same position in left knee. I stopped after when I took rest for 2 weeks. When I take rest and don't go to play it keeps healing itself even after the very first time when I had this pain and I took rest for 2 weeks there was no pain in both knees. But while playing due to sudden jurk to right knee started paining.

Looking at these conditions do you think it can be really serious injury?
Please advice.....
And thanks again for the quick response:-)