knee replacement pain
I had total titianium knee replacement in 2010 and have been in constant pain ( sometimes severe) doctor says enerything is fine. I STILL HURT!!! what could be wrong? please help!
Hi Diane,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am so very sorry to hear about your knee pain. I come from a very long line of "bad knees." The majority of the females in my family have required knee replacement (some as young as 40) or other types of knee surgeries. I get it!!

Following a knee replacement your pain should be significantly better and in some cases, non-existent.  The fact that you still have pain can mean several things. Your pain should not be ignored and tests and possibilities should be considered... and done.

If your current physician(s) are not willing to investigate your pain it's time to obtain a second or third opinion. At least that's my personal opinion. Our knees are complex joints and we place a lot of demands on them, obviously we must. Seek out a Physician/Surgeon that specializes in the treatment of  knees... they exist. They are usually associated with a large teaching facility or one of our nationally known clinics.

I wish  you well and hope you can find a solution and treatment to your pain. You don't have to suffer with on controlled pain. At the very least you deserve some pain control. Be assertive and demand some answers.

I'll look forward to your updates.

Best of Luck to you,
~Tuck