Pain Management Community
left arm between shoulder and elbow

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

left arm between shoulder and elbow

I have continuous pain, sometimes numbness in my upper left arm between the shoulder and the elbow. I also have sharp pain by the left should blade.  every now and then I have sharp pain in my upper left side of my chest, closer to the shoulder than the breast, closer to the thyroid area of my neck
Is this related to an injury?  It sounds as though a trip to your primary physician might be in order.  Numbness can indicate nerve involvement.  It could be as simple as a pinched nerve, or it could be more serious, such as a muscle or ligament tear.  Hope you are feeling better soon!
Only tests, such as a xray or MRI, can determine exactly what's wrong, but my suggestion is to go to a doctor so you can have or one of these done. Anytime you are having any kind of numbness, or any of the symptoms you are having, you should go to a doctor for physical exams and tests. If insurance is a problem or you don't have a doctor, often times chiropractors do xrays at of their office and are much less expensive then at a hospital. The symptoms you are describing could be related to your cervical disks in your neck, which is what probably would be xrayed. Later on, an MRI will probably be ordered, which you will have to go to the hospital for. If you're in pain, I suggest you do this sooner rather than later so you  suffer less! I trully wish you the best of luck and the best of wishes.

Sara RN