left big toe- severe pain
hi
I have a weird pain in the bottom of the big toe of my left foot. The pain only occurs whenever I take a step. Its weird becuase when I press on my toe  with my fingers really hard I dont feel anything. The pain only occurs with certain steps I take (not all). Its at the bottom of the toe and NOT by the joint.
One more thing, although it doesnt hurt when I press on it with my finger, but I can slightly feel a weird kind of tissue (like lots of tiny little balls). The toe is not swollen or red at all, and does not hurt at all when I am still.
It happened all of a sudden when I stood up yesterday and has been the same ever since. The pain isnt as bad when I have shoes on its worse when I am bare foot.
Thank you Hope you can give me an explanation as to what this might be?
Hi Laymoonay,

Welcome. You have me stumped. If it occurred suddenly I imagine that you injured something in the toe, or possibly bruised the bone.

For injuries the medical profession usually recommends RICE. Rest, ice, compression and elevation. If not contraindicated you can add NSAID as directed on the label. Obviously if it is not better in a few days or it becomes worse or you develop additional symptoms I would consult with your PCP.

I hope you are soon feeling better. Best of luck and take care.
Tuck