Pain Management Community
leg / walking problems
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

leg / walking problems

I’ve been suffering leg problems for months now. My friends noticed I had this kind of “unusual walking” several years ago, asking me if my leg/feet hurts, but answers them no/not. I haven’t paid so much attention to it because I haven’t feel any pain on my legs/feet on that time. It’s just that these months or maybe a year ago, that I started to feel the pain on my legs. Actually, it’s not pain that I felt but more on the tiredness of my legs. It lacks energy to support my body when walking. I can’t walk on long distances without resting from time to time. It feels like I need to recharge my leg’s energy after every short distance of slow walking, then I can walk again another short distance. Also, when climbing stairs or even riding a bus, I need the support of my arms to push myself up ‘coz my legs are too weak. I do feel pain on the hip joints and right leg after a short-distance walk-rest-walk-rest series. And since I can’t stand on tip toe, all my body weight lies on my heels, thus the heel pain.

I don’t know if this is because of iron-deficiency, or nerve problems. Does anyone share this pain or have any ideas?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
547368_tn?1332173665
Hello and Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am sorry to hear about your increasing pain.

Have you consulted your physician. If not I suggest that you do so. It's difficult to say what might be your problem. However a physician will be able to provide you with some answers.

This may be a vitamin deficiency or neuropathic issue but again only your PCP can provide you with these answers. I wish you luck and hope you will let us know how you are doing.

Take Care,
~Tuck
Blank
I had total right hip replacement July 2009 did great until July 2011 at that time started having walking problems not wanting to bend knee I have had MRI from the head to foot no one can come with an answer it seems to be getting worse
Blank
710547_tn?1295449630
Because I have MS, I was interested in your symptoms.  Tuck is of course right - there's no way anyone can diagnose online.  I would suggest seeing your physician first, of course.  You might ask if he/she thinks you need nerve conduction testing on the leg to see if that might be causing weakness.

I could name ten different things that could cause those symptoms, and the sooner you let a doctor know, the sooner a diagnosis can be made.  This type of problem can take a long time to isolate.  I wish you well.  Keep a journal if possible of your symptoms - when, how severe, where, in what setting etc.

Blessings, Jan
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank