lower back
i had surgery in 1986 to my L5 S1 it broke again in 1991 and did not know it now it has fused itself at grade lll spondlylolisthesis and can not be fixed how will this affect me as i get older?
Hi!
Usually there will be no problem if your fifth lumbar vertebra has fused with the first sacral. However, at times, this fusion traps nerves. This can become painful with time and even cause numbness. If there is no pain or numbness in your legs then in all probability you should be fine. However, since you had surgery on lower back take precautions while bending or lifting weights so that you do not strain your back. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.