lyrica weaning
Can anyone who has done a lyrica wean tell me how to best go down from 25mg?
I dropped from 75 to 50, then to 38mg , then to 30.  Last week I went down to 25mg. I'm quite nauseated and have experienced palpatitations. I knew I'd have hightened nerve pain but didn't expect the aforementioned symptoms, while on a slow weaning down period.
I'm wondering if it's safe to drop to 20mg after one week of 25, or is it too soon? Any suggestions or personal experiences would greatly be appreciated.
Trish
This is something I would ask your doctor or the pharmacy.  I do know that some medications need to be tapered slowly.  Good luck and I hope you can beat the withdrawal quickly.
I was under the impression you did not need to taper off Lyrica though you definitely had to taper of Neurontin.  I've been on both (and side effects from both prevented me from staying on them.)  I can't remember what the taper was for the Neurontin but the Lyrica we just stopped.  But it could be the dose I was on.  I'd definitely ask your doctor or pharmacist.  (Or maybe both.)
It depends on how long you've been taking it. I stopped it after one week the first time without any problem. After 4 or 5 months, though, it's quite a different story. You have quite a spike in nerve pain along with nausea and headaches, at least I did. It is a sister drug to neurotin, only much more potent.  At any rate, thanks for that.
Trish