Pain Management Community
messed my finger up

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

messed my finger up

i was playing basketball and the ball hit the tip of my finger and hit it inwards. its been about 5 hours an my finger is swollen up and i cant really bend it because its so swollen. what can i do because it really painfull
I've done that before, it bent the tip of my finger at a 90 degree angle.  I just pulled it back in place, iced it and taped it to the finger next to it.  It's a bit painful but nothing really serious.  Ice it rest it and take advil for inflamation (inflammation).
I would suggest that you go to an Urgent Care Clinic and have them x-ray it. It my be broken. If you leave it and not seek treatment, you can have a permanent injury. Take carre, Mollyrae
I did the same in Jr. High basketball... jammed my finger so bad that it took years for the stiffness to go away... Get an x-ray as Mollyrae suggested to make sure that it's not broken. In the meantime, read this..it virtually gave me new life on a torn cartilage and arthritis in my left knee...
http://www.edgarcayce.org/th/tharchiv/therapies/castor1.html#Castor%20Oil%20Stories:%20Finger
Castor Oil Pack.
Materials Needed:
·Castor oil - preferably cold-pressed or expeller-pressed, about 16 - 32 oz.
·Flannel cloth - wool flannel is preferred, although cotton may be substituted in the case of wool allergy
·Electric heating pad - or hot water bottle.
1.Saturate the flannel cloth with Castor Oil (CO), but not so much that it drips.
2.Place on a plate and heat (in microwave) for about 35 seconds ( about 100°-105°, but not to burn skin).
3.Place CO/cloth on body area.
4.Cover with plastic wrap (this keeps the oil from staining the heating pad).
5.Place heating pad … the hotter you can tolerate it, the better…
6.Treatment should last at least 1 hour….longer if you have the time…

This is not a one-time treatment… twice or more per day is beneficial.

Remember, this is not a pharmaceutical drug, so give it a little time, but it's SAFE!!!…..