Pain Management Community
metal plate for c6-c7 disc replacement

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

metal plate for c6-c7 disc replacement

I am a 51 year old female. In 2007 I had surgery to put a metal plate in my neck for a broken disc affecting the nerve root on the left side. I was literally paralyzed on my left side, and lived in more pain than I thought possible. I had the surgery to remove the broken piece off of the nerve and a metal plate put in. The surgery fixed that problem without a doubt and I felt so much better. Two years later, constant pain! Therapy, special pillows, chiropracters, nothing helps. I have contacted the neurologist who did the surgery but they say see a doctor or pain specialist. I am uninsured and have been seeing a doctor who prescribes 30 pain killers a month. He says take take daily for pain. I take two every morning just so I can get rid of the pain from trying to sleep. Pain mgt. clinics won't even see you in Tampa Florida if you don't have insurance and my doctor looks at me as if I'm just trying to get pain killers or crazy! I have found these sites and see I am not alone, there are so many people in the same kind of pain, why do doctors act like they have never heard of this before. What's the answer for people suffering like this? Especially those of us who thanks to the economy are now uninsured?????
Hello Ashea,

Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I am glad that you found us at MedHelp and posted. However I am so sorry to hear about your chronic pain. As you said there are a lot of us that suffer on a daily basis but that fact does not make your pain any better. I do find comfort in sharing with others on this forum.

Uninsured is an issue for many of us. I wish I had some answers for you. I assume that you have been to your county social services to apply for state insurance or other benefits. If not please do so.

The other Community Leader, my colleague Sandee is from Florida. She may have better suggestions for you. She obviously would know better what's available in FL for ppl in your situation. I do think that we have other Floridian members.

It is apparent that you need better pain managment that you are currently getting. Does your PCP have any suggestions for you?

My heart goes out to you. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. I will look forward to hearing from you soon.  

Peace,
Tuck

Well, got my cable back on today.

Ashea, I understand your pain and frustration. My story is too long, but I recently lost my medical insurance and LTD. I was on many strong opiates.

If your Doctor will prescribe them, call different pharms. I was surprised some of my meds were actually cheaper with no insurance, don't ask me how. Walmart was one place.

You can try these links. We tried one and went to another and eventually got some help.
http://pain.com/top/top_drugassistanceprogram.cfm
http://www.phrma.org/patients/index.html

They usually will get your meds to you free or at low cost, but your Doctor will have to fill out paperwork..and of course want to be paid to do so., but some of my meds were expensive and I was able to get it for free...However, even though the meds were free, I had to pay $85..for the Doctor's visit and another $100 for the paperwork. Now that's done, my Doctor will call them in, so it will be helpful in the future.
i live in pain everyday and all these doctors out here will not help me right, what is a person sepose to do
i need a good pain doctor i have a plate in my neck and my musules are degenerating.i cant get good help im lost in this world anna
MY wife is in the same situation.  No doctor will help her or give her anymore pain med.  I don't know what to do.  The pain clinic said to go cold turkey and see what happens.  I wish some of these doctors could have the pain in their neck for one day. Then we all might get sime help.  RT