Pain Management Community
methadone and tooth pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

methadone and tooth pain

I am on 85mg of methadone a day for oxy addiction. I am having constant pain from my teeth because of existing problems. Dentist is looking after me but it will take some time due to money, time, etc. Wht pain med would work for me? I have a pretty high tolerance to opiates.
Hey Deke,I have chronic pain issues in my teeth and like you,opiates dont really tweek me out when it comes to pain.Good luck trying though.If it helps, added a high dose of vitamin b-12 to your daily routine.It helps block nerve receptors,especially for the trigeminial nerve(area around your mouth and face).I started b vitamin complex as a daily routine when pain killers didnt work any more,it doesnt numb you but it builds up over time and can bring down the intensity of the pain.Good luck.
Honestly the best for tooth pain is Ibuprofen.Methadone is going to be hard to top at that dose and you probably wont have much luck getting the dentist to script anything that would offer relief narcotic wise as they are usually pretty conservative to begin with..so the past addiction issues,methadone treatment current and possible long term treatment/med tolerance issues combined due to monetary constraint are going to limit options.

Is there a low income/teaching hospital near you that might provide quicker care-or can the dentist work with you in providing payment arrangements to take care of it quicker?I know tooth pain is miserable and I really feel for you in this situation.