Pain Management Community
moderate leg pain at the slightest touch for no aparent reason

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

yeah so i have no idea what caused this pain to start and it can get pretty bad, all day it has been bothering me, my outer right thigh hurts pretty bad even if im just walking and my shorts brush up against it, it is confuzing the hell out of me i dont know what to do, i took 1200 mgs of ibuprofin and that did nothing at all i also have the same type of pain in my left leg right under my ... *** crease lol but for real this is bothering the hell out of me and ive been spending ohours reserching what it could be and i have not gotten any answers, idk if it is related to this pain or not but my right big toe has been numb on and off for a few weeks now as well... idk sumbody please help
Hello WickeD,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am very sorry to hear about your pain, I'm not sure I understand exactly where you pain is so please bear with me.

If I understand correctly the pain is on the outer aspect of one thigh and in the upper region of you thigh on the other leg. Do you have knots in the outer thigh that hurt just to touch? The big toe could be related.

If those are your symptoms several things come to mind as I have very similar pain. It could be a hip bursitis in the leg that has pain on the outer aspect and or it could be your SIJ's (sacroiliac joint(s) or it could be an issue with the structure of you sacral spine. As stated earlier I have those symptoms and I have bursitis that flares in my hip joint(s), SIJ Dysfunction ans cysts on the nerve roots of my spine.

Have you had a MRI? If not it might be a good place to begin. Usually bursitis can be diagnosed with a clinical examination as is SIJ Syndrome or Dysfunction. I suggest that you consult with a D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathy). There are extensively trained and educated in the structure and function of the bones (ligaments and tendons) of your body. You may require a referral to a orthopedic specialist also but I would begin with a D.O. After years with these strange pains that no MD could diagnosis (it was all in my head) a D.O. initially diagnosed and later proved my painful condition.

Understand that I am not telling you that this is what you have, it is only a thought based on my personal experience. Warm moist compresses to the painful areas have helped ease my discomfort. I took IB until I ruined my stomach with little releif. Muscle relaxants did (does) help some and now I take opiates routinely.

Others will post with their suggestions. I wish you the best of luck. Keep searching for a diagnosis. I let mine go so long that it is an untreatable chronic condition. I have permanent damage. Please don't let this happen to you.

I will look forward to your updates. Take care and good luck.
Tuck