morphine rx for chronic pain
Ive had chronic pain for over 20yrs in my jaw and face from abuse as a child and teeth grinding and extensive dental work. My doctor recently retired and my new doc thinks because nothing but morphine and opana help my pain that it must be all in my head. Can anyone recommend a pain doctor in san diego county ca that will prescribe my current doses of 180mg longacting morphine and opana 10 ir for breakthrough pain? I finally have a fully functioning life with this regime and fear running out and ending up in the hospital with uncontrolled pain. Please help soon and offer any advice. thankyou!
This isn't a suggestion for a pain clinic as I am not in your area, but I may have a suggestion. I am not sure how you feel about it, but you could try talking to your current Dr about a pump. I myself wouldn't get one, but only because I won't go to Morphine yet I don't feel like I need something that strong. I was offered it at my previous Dr. I am suggesting this purely because the pump is a controlled dose that you can't take more of then what it is set to. I am only thinking maybe the new Dr's problem is worrying about misuse. Again it is just a suggestion to try nd keep your meds. I know what it feels like to need meds and not have them. It's just something to think about. I wish you lot's of luck with everything!