Pain Management Community
muscle pains in my body

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

muscle pains in my body

my  joints pains been getting worse my doctor is starting me on morphine tomorrow .as no other painkillers work.is this normal never taken morphine before just little worried .
Hi!
Actually most joint pains respond to a combination of pain killer and physiotherapy. If the pain is due to an autoimmune disease such as rheumatoid arthritis, then you may need to take corticosteroids and immune-suppressants. It is very important to find the cause of pain, which in all probability may have been diagnosed.
If non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, COX2 inhibitors, diclofenac etc are not helping then you will need to be put on opioid pain killers. However, at times adding physiotherapy to the existing pain therapy and treating the underlying cause, helps reduce the pain. Please discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.