muscle spasms from jaw to back and constant headaches?
hello,
in 99 i was in a car accident i did have whiplash
after the accident i didnt do any exercise or sports for about 9 years
during that time the pain progressed i had some back/shoulder blade/ neck pain and headaches every now and then
but then two years ago all of a sudden i started having pain in my jaw and horrible migrains that never ever go away and neck to mid back pain
im going through physical therapy and i just saw a doctor for tmj and they said it wasnt a joint problem but a muscle problem and they couldnt help me with that
i get muscle spasms from my head to my back all day long they never go away???
i get sharp shooting pains and heavy aches and sometimes throbbing headaches
im very weak i barely have any muscle
and now that ive started physical therapy is seems like if i dont do any exercises my muscle spasms get worse

i dont know whats going on and the doctors arent sure either :/

can you please help me any advice would be great
thank you
Hello and Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I am glad that you found us and took the time to post. However I am sorry to hear about your chronic and increasing pain. What type of physicians have you consulted?

Muscle pain can be extreme and be a long and tedious treatment process. There are some major muscle groups in the neck, head and and upper back area that all should work/function in unison. I assume the physicians are saying that your muscles have some atrophy?

It will take time to rebuild and strengthen those muscles. It may require months of PT and then on-going exercises at home to rebuild those muscle groups. When we have pain we tend to guard the muscles involved and use them as little as possible. Unfortunately after months of doing this our muscles can begin to atrophy or deteriorate. Have patience....which is very difficult to do when you have severe pain.

Are you comfortable with the diagnosis? Has it been confirmed?  

What kinds of medications are being prescribed? I would hope that you have an effective muscle relaxant and something to manage your pain.

Another thought would to make sure that you do not suffer from any vitamin or mineral deficiencies. A low Vit D and B12 can add greatly to muscle pain and spasms. There are other ones than can have the same effect but those two come to mind. I suffer from D and B12 deficiencies. It makes a differences in the amount of muscle pain I have. I can tell if they are low....or if I forget to take my supplements. Just my opinion but I would have yours checked.

Please keep in touch with us and let us know how you are doing. We will look forward to your updates. I wish you the best and will look forward to hearing from you again.

Take Care,
~Tuck