muscular chest pain
hi! i'm randy 35 years of age. i'm having chest pain, but according to my doctor this is muscular chest pain. all of my check up is ok like scan, x-ray, blood test all is normal but until now i'm having a chest pain. i'm taking medicine right now, brufen granules 600mg and Maalox plus suspension 30ml every after meal. i'm worry beacause this second time, the first one is last september 2007.
sorry you are having chest pain - I know that's scary! I'm not a doctor and I don't have a clue about what's causing your pain. If you are not comfortable with your doctor's diagnosis why not ask him/her to refer you to a cardiologist for some tests?

Good luck.
Hello Randy:

Where is your chest pain located?? If it is off to the right or left, it is most likely muscular as the Doc has diagnosed. Cherst pain located in the center of the chest would be more of something to worry about. I agree with Tanlewood in making an appt. with the doc to rule out any major illness. Often a simple cold can set up in the chest wall without you knowing or feeling it. This can resemble heart related problems.

Also, it sounds as if you may have indigestion problems with having to take the maalox. This can also resemble heart issues. Please make that appt. to put your mind at ease. Take care,
Mollyrae
Hi Randy,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am sorry you are having chest pain. It can be frightening. Both Mollyrae and Tanglewood have offered some sound suggestions.

Have you had a cardiogram? It is a wonderful diagnostic tool for cardiac structure and function. If you have or have had a cardiogram and it is negative this should put your mind at ease. I also recommend that you make an appointment with a cardiologist.

There are many things that can cause chest pain besides the heart....or besides muscular pain. A second opinion is certainly in order and as suggested a cardiologist is a good place to begin.  

Best of luck to you. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. I will look forward to your updates. Peace, Tuck