Pain Management Community
my pain management doc blocked a scrpit that help me

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Ive been going to pain manaegment for a year, this doctor is ruthless. all he wants to do is give str=roid injections, the only relief ive had was soma c from a ear throat and nose doc ...when i tried to fill it, i found out it was blocked from my pain man doc, he gave me zanaflex that makes me fall asleep told his nurse that it makes me fall alseep ...he will not see me ....he has his nurse see me. I am in so much pain i was ready to go to the er last night.....2 slipped dics stenoisis , arthistis bone spores, pinched nerves arm and leg numb. migraine headaches.
I am in so much pain, im ready to call 911 tring to get another doc, cant see anyone else for 3 weeks!
Hi there...

I responded to your other thread back at the beginning of October when you said that you already knew that this particular Dr. was not going to prescribe Soma for you.

Each Dr. has the right to make their own decisions on prescribing and does not have to carry forward what you were prescribed previously.

Soma is becoming more of a medication that has abuse potential (NOT saying you are doing this), so many Drs. are now moving to other muscle relaxers.

If you don't care for Zanaflex...there is Flexeril, Robaxin, Skelaxin, or Baclofen.

But telling a Dr. that you only want a specific medication and nothing else will work is not going to go over well.

Again, just like in your previous thread...I was suggesting finding another Dr. which it sounds like you have found and are seeing in three weeks?

The main issue is to not accept any new prescriptions until you terminate your relationship with this one if you signed a contract.

Everyone has their personal view, but I don't happen to think the ER is the place to go for chronic pain. It is for life/death emergencies.

As I previously explained...I have many spine issues as well with many fusion surgeries behind me and active herniations...so I, and others here, understand your pain.

Until you see this new Dr...you can use ice, heat, alternate Tylenol and Advil, rest, hot showers/baths, and take the Zanaflex when you are home since that won't matter if it makes you drowsy.

I just think that if you go to the ER and they know you are a chronic pain management...they aren't going to do much for you and then it's going to look bad on your record with this new Dr. you are going to see.

Obviously your choice...just sharing my thoughts...

I had a terrible PM and surgeon right after my 2nd fusion surgery and was in agony...It took me 4 different tries at different PM Drs. and a few months until I found my new one whom I love.

Good luck...