Pain Management Community
myofascial pain syndrome
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

myofascial pain syndrome

I am in terrible, constant, all over body pain and also have an all over burning sensation since an MVA over one year ago. I've tried Cymbalta, Sevella, Neurontin, Vicodin, Tramadol, Darvocet N 100, Nucynta, and Percocet. I've also tried anti depressants, Ativan, and Valium in conjunction with the pain meds. I've had steroid injections in my spine and also tried Lidocaine patches. Does anyone have experience with a pain med that works for this type of chronic pain?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1494818_tn?1362671658
I had myofacial pain really bad due to tmj.  My dr. put me on an antidepressant called Nortriptyline and i was  taking Gabapentin along with it and it really helped.  I also take Ativan at night to sleep.
Blank
Hi I understand that muscle relaxants help have you tried any. Some say Zanaflex may help.
mkh9
Blank
Hi I have the same pain and have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I also think I have myofascial pain as I have read that they can go hand in hand. It would be worth looking up fibromyalgia to see if it matches what you feel. They are not life threatening but very painful and life changing for some. Pain killers don't work for me and I have taken so many in the past that I am sensitive to some. If its fibro rest and relaxation can help. I also have homeopathy which I think has helped but not enough to get my old life back. Heat helps me eg bath or hot water bottles but not much else.I have heard of myofascial release which  you can Google but that is supposed to be done in the early days of developing it. I have had this for years it would hurt to much now to have the release massage. I am definitely not an expert so you should see your doctor. Make sure you find a good one as not all understand or believe fibromyalgia. Good luck.
Blank
547368_tn?1332173665
Please begin a new post instead of pulling up someone else's old thread. You'll obtain better responses.

I don't believe Butterscotch is still active on the PM Forum. I'll look forward to reading your new post.

Peace,
~Tuck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949