Pain Management Community
neck pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

neck pain

Edit  |  Email this
Email This Page To A Friend
Your Name:  
Your Email:  
Friend's Email:  
Message:  

Enter the code shown:

|   Chronic pain that is ruining me
30 minutes ago - 0 comments

I have had chronic neck pain for 7-8 years and 3 surgeries later still no help.  I have done everything the doctors
have told me to do and now they want to just toss me around from Dr. to Dr. because no one wants to deal with the issues I have with the chronic pain. I am even considering killing the nerve in my shoulder and arm just for some kind of relief. That would mean I would lose all use of my left arm.  It has been very hard to continue working but I am determined not to give up. I am currently on 7.5 Lortabs and depression meds but most days that doesn't even touck it,so I'm trying accupuncture now with the meds. They say they will do their best to help me all they can with the accupuncture but can't be for sure it will help.The doctors tell me there is no other course to take because there is nothing else that can be done.  It would be great to find a Dr. who could understand for once instead of thinking that you just want drugs. Any advice would certainly be appreciated I'm so tired of hurting all the time.
You might want to consult with Dr. John Sarno at the Rusk Institute for rehabilitative medicine in NYC.
You may want to read his book first on TMS syndrome.
He and his colleagues have helped thousands of patieints where "idiopathic"pain was involved.

Good Luck
I had the same exact experience and when the medical profession gave up on me, I got to work on fixing myself.  It took a month of weightlifting work with a trainer, and it hurt like Hades the first couple of weeks, but the pain and numbness were gone and haven't come back in 10 years.  I felt like I had to take the chance of possibly disabling myself - maybe then the idiot doctors would listen! - or fixing myself.  Thankfully, it worked.  Physical therapy just didn't do enough in the muscle strengthening department to do me any good.  My own attitude didn't help in PT at all either.  "I can't do that exercise - it huuuuurrrrts!"  Guess it boiled down to No Pain, No Gain.