need help asap
I had ventral hernia repair 2 weeks ago and i had no pain after two day post op then three days ago i had my staples removed and my surgent told me to put a heating pad on my stomach for up to three times a day after the first day of doing this i had they worst pains ever what is wrong i cant get a hold of my surgent so i need to know what to do should i go to the er
Hi!
A pain very similar to your pain following hernia repair can be due to recurrence of hernia, adherence of the bowel to the edge of the mesh, adherence of the bowel to the tacks or sutures, or surgical site adhesion. All these can be treated by cutting the adhesions by laproscopy. The other possibilities are nerve entrapment in between muscles or due to the tracks of muscles changing direction post surgery. It can also be a localized infection of the surgery site. Gas in the bowel is another possibility. Please consult your surgeon immediately. Take care!