Pain Management Community
need help finding good PM clinic/doc in north east Florida

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I have been in terrible pain for the last year the clinic I went to open arms was shut down a little less than a year ago and my records went with it. Since then it has been impossible to find a doc that will help. I am uninsured and cannot afford expensive treatments I have mid stage MS and two metal discs in my back shoulder due to a car accident a few years back. The clinic I have been going to since isnt doing nearly enough to ease the pain and to make things worse the doc makes me feel like a drug seeker eveeytime I say I am still in pain. I was on roxicodone 30 4x a day and soma with my old doctor and I was stable the new doc has me on cymbalta and valium and keeps telling me the pain is mostly in my head...haha I wish he could go one day with the pain I have. Anyways I need help if anyone has a good doctor that will actually listen and help...I cant go on like this I work as a bartender and am at the point that I can no longer work bc the pain has gotten so bad.
Hi!
I am sorry to hear you are in so much pain. You could look up yellow pages or ask friends around for a referral. If you have any one’s contact number from your previous clinic, you can ask for a referral.
Other than this I would sincerely advise you to take up yoga and some form of physiotherapy to strengthen your muscles. This will also help ease pain to a great extent. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Because of the DEA and the crack down on pill mills, you will not find a doctor who is going to prescribe roxicodone 30's for chronic pain anymore. Its just not going to happen.

Unfortunately, without a copy of your medical records, most PM's will require you to start over, because unfortunately, they have no way to verify your previous treatments and they have to cover their own rear-ends.

One place to begin though would be to go to the places that did the actual MRI's and x-rays, regardless of your previous PM clinic closing, the places where the testing were done WILL have copies of these, so I would start there. As for the MS, your primary care doctor should be able to verify this for your pain doctor.

So don't give up, you're just going to have to do some leg-work. You will have to this even if you change PM's again. Good luck.