need to know about ct scan on lower back
have been getting alot of pain in back and down left leg up on activty leg feels weak gives way
ct scan in 2009  commented lumber spine was normal for my age with minimal T11 / T12 dehydration
i am only 40 yrs and always get pain   whats wrong with my back whats the ct scan mean
Hi there...Sorry for your pain...

Since the CT scan was 3 years ago...it's pretty much null and void now. You need to actually get a MRI to see what is going on in the spine. That is the best test to do.

I recommend seeing a Board Certified Neurosurgeon or BC Orthopedic surgeon. Either one can order the tests and do a physical exam and make a proper diagnoses and treatment plan.

If all you had back then was normal wear and tear....then it's about treating the symptoms you are having.

Do you smoke? Are you at a healthy weight? Both of these things can cause spine/disc issues...

So...once you get up to date information and diagnoses you can move forward with getting better. There are dozens of modalities that can help one get better with any type of regular spine issues with age.

Keep us posted....
thanks for your comment  i have now got  an mri scan which i have from
my medical history /  above information was interpretated by doctor
this i what mri scan shows   clinical history persistent sciatic pain.
findings there is normal lower thoraic and lumber vertebral alignment and
disc hydration ,   the central spinal canal is spacious, and the conus and equina are normal.    
mild multilevel facet joint hypertrophy.  but no frank central canal .lateral recess or  foraminal root compresion is seen normal bone marrow signal and lower lumber preverebral and paraertebral soft tissues.
minimal t11/12 disc dehydration    
comments mild t11/12 disc degenerative   changes but otherwise normal lumber spine for age  no disc protrusion or nearal compression is seen .

reported  by consultant  radiologist  

Sorry for still being a bit confused...

Is that MRI from years ago like the CT scan? Or is this a MRI that has been done in the last 6 months?

It doesn't sound like there are any major issues...

Many people have trouble with their sciatic nerve. As I asked in my other post...are you at a healthy weight?

Do you have a daily exercise regimine for at least 30-45 minutes a day?

Do you have a stretching program? These are all very helpful for sciatic issues. There are stretches specific for that nerve that you can even look up online.

If all other natural treatments don't do the trick then if needed, there is nerve pain medication like Lyrica, Neurontin, or Cymbalta that specifically target nerve pain. These would be in "addition" to continuing all the natural ways to help keep your spine in good shape.

Good luck.

i was under pain managment back in 2003 for nearly 2yrs
then attended physiotherapy for 1yr which failed to improve
medication just went up over the years  
then i went for a scan in 2009 doctor send that got athritis
is this correct becouse i always get pain  only able to walk short
distance side flexation and bending all couses sever pain

I can't say whether you have arthritis or not...that would be up to your Dr. to determine.

If you have this as well as the sciatic nerve issues...then you can do all the things I have mentioned but just add some acetaminophen...or take Tylenol arthritis...or use the creams that are out there for arthritis like capsaicin.

But it's also similar treatment of exercise, not smoking, eating healthy,maintaining a healthy weight, staying away from alcohol and simple carbs, sugars, salts.

If it's been awhile...then trying to seek out PT again to get some new exercises or stretch bands...

The worst thing you can do though is not stay moving. Sitting or laying around will only cause more stiffness and soreness.
i would amplify the emphasis to keep active---keep moving something---anything--but you must keep doing it or yes you will rust in place and the rust (spurs etc) Hurts! And when i say anything i mean it. If you cannot walk move your arms fingers toes (ears!) eyes. And the effect is immediate--ya feel better doin' it so just make some movement somewhere and yes move the mind and move the belly with laughter whenever however you can. and keep posting---in AA the saying is keep coming back and it works.   Om   yogadon