Pain Management Community
nerve block injection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

nerve block injection

The bottom of my feet became swollen. I went to see a doctor and he gave me a nerver blocker injection in my ankle. I do not know why he gave me that injection in my ankle when the problem was at the bottom of my feet. After the injection I had pain in my ankle. I had a mri done and they said I  had a torn ligament in my left lankle. I went to therpy and the ankle got better but the same angle on the other side won't stop hurting.They say they do not see anything on the Mri. I am back in therpy for the second time for the same ankle. I do not know what to do. The therpy is not working.  That nerve blocker that they gave me was the worst decision I ever made. I need help. Any advice?
Nerve blocks can cause pain after the initial injection but you should be feeling better by now.
There are instance where the injections are done improperly and they cause more pain.
What options is your doctor giving you at this point?
Avatar n tn
IHe told me to go back to therpy for my ankle twice a week. I dont' see an improvement. They took mri and said they don't see anything. I feel the pain. I was thinking maybe it's a nerve problem maybe nerve damage. Do you know if you could detect nerve damage on a mri.
You could very well have nerve damage thats causing the pain. You need to have a nerve conduction study for finding nerve damage. Ask your doctor to order this test as the MRI will not show nerve damage.
When you get these injections it is important to always make sure the doctor has preformed them and is well educated as they can cause more harm than good.
I had an injection done in my back from an inexperienced doctor and I am still paying for it today.
Avatar n tn
I will call my doctor a make an appointment for the nerve conduction. Thank you for your help. Have you ever tried yoga for you back. I tried yoga for my back and it helped some.
No I have never tried it but I am too busy also and I don't really understand it all that well. I have tried just about everything else from bio feedback to therapy.
Thanks:)
I'm going through the same pain. I sprained my ankle 2x at work with in a month. That was 4 months ago. My ankle still feels like its burning and it tingles, especially at night. I had MRI when I sprained it the first time. It showed I tore 2 ligaments. My ankle healed and I went back to work full time. Then it happened again. But this time they did not give me an MRI for the second sprain. I've seen 2 orthopedic doctors and they say my ankle is healed. So why am I in so much pain? They sent me to Pain Mangement. I get a nerve block injection tomorrow. I hope it helps.