nerve blocker
my hernia operation was 5 months ago-------------continuous pain in left testicle----------------will a nerve blocker do the trick

it could, sometimes multiple nerve blocks (rather than just one) end up fixing or significantly relieving the pain problem. you should discuss having a nerve block done with your pain doctor, and see what his or her opinion is on it.

good luck
My husband had nerve damage in his stomach area due to surgery. A nerve block has been recommended. I cannot find what type of medication is used, or if it comes with side affects. Thank you for your help.
Has it been determined that the pain in your testicle is from the hernia repair? I assume was was an inguinal hernia. Is your medcail provider recommending a nerve block?

The following information should tell you a little about nerve blocks. They are usually used to treat pain in the back, neck, and joints but can be used in other areas.

Regional nerve blockade, or more commonly nerve block, is a general term used to refer to the injection of local anesthetic onto or near nerves. Nerve blocks are used to help control pain, but also offer diagnostic benefits by helping to identify specific nerves as pain generators.

Nerve blocks combine a local anesthetic (such as lidocaine) with a steroid (corticosteroid) and/or opioids. Steroids can help to reduce inflammation and opioids are painkillers. Depending on the purpose of the nerve block, other drugs or methods used include alcohol or phenol to selectively destroy nerve tissue, cryoanalgesia to freeze nerves, and Radiofrequency ablation to destroy nerve tissue using heat. Injection nerve blocks can be either single treatments, multiple injections over a period of time, or continuous infusions.

Nerve blocks are sterile procedures that are usually performed in an outpatient facility or hospital. The procedure can be performed with the help of ultrasound or fluoroscopy (a live X-ray), which enable the physician to view the placement of the needle. In addition, electrical stimulation can provide feedback on the proximity of the needle to the target nerve. Nerve blocks, like other medical procedures, are not risk-free. There is a possibility of side effects and complications from the procedure, needle puncture, and medications used. The most critical factor in the efficacy of a nerve block is the proper location of the target nerve.

The best of luck to you. Tuck
I would post your question as a new question so our community leaders can see it and respond to it. As you can see from my comment above a "numbing" medication (like novacaine) is used, much like what you have for a tooth extraction. Following the "caine" injection a steriod is injected. One steriods is prednisone but that is not what they inject though it is similar.

I hope this response helps answer some of your questions. I hope your husband will soon be feeling much better. Tuck