nerve pain in leg
I have pain in my spine just below my waist and now I have developed a hot shooting pain down the side of my left lower leg. It's kind of between the side and the front. Everyone seems to describe their sciatica pain as being in their calves, which I think is the BACK of the leg. My MRI from years ago did show slight bulging at L4 & L5, but I didn't even have pain then. Does anybody have searing pain in that area of their leg? It's worse when I go from standing to sitting or if I lean forward when I'm sitting or lean on my knee while sitting.
Yes I have that and it sounds like sciatica to me.  Sciatica for me starts in the left buttock, down my thigh and some days can go clear to my toe.

There are some stretches you can google to help you loosen that up but I know it isn't any fun when it flares up.  I found a chiro years ago who really helped me with it and I haven't had much trouble since.

Hoping you find some relief!
Yes I have that nerve pain in the same location. And I've herniated L4-S1 that is the pathway for that nerve root. Other nerve pain corolates with other levels in the back that have been damaged or herniated. What works best for me Is Lyrica. I cannot take it now because I'm trying for a baby. My pain is so bad sometimes it feels like someone poured paint stripper on my leg. I've had several back surgeries and have had a lumbar fusion which still causes me pain. Nerve damage can be permanent so I would get it treated. Take care and good luck!