Pain Management Community
nerve pain in spine
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

nerve pain in spine

hi,,my boyfriend is having pain in his back from last 5 weeks ,according to him he slept in wrong position and that afternoon he had pull heavy stuffs of furnitue as he was doing shifting ,he went to a doc ,had xrays and the doc suggested him physio therapy ,he did that for 5 weeks and then again had xrays ,doc checked his spine ,and there is no fracture in that,he said might be there is some nerves problem he even said i am not able to catch whats wrong in you and suggested to me a surgeon,
i cant see him in pain ,the pain iis so much that hes not able to sit for more than 10 mins
  someone known to what   to do pls do reply
thanks
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
There is a chance that your boyfriend has compression of the spinal nerves in the lumbo-sacral spine region. This can happen due to overuse of the lower back as in work requiring too much of bending, lifting weight, fall on the back, overweight, canal stenosis, bone disease, spondylosis, poor posture etc. Poor posture while sleeping, sitting on computers or jobs for a long time, uneven bed, exposure of back to cold air while sleeping can cause a discomfort for a few days.  Take a multivitamin, plenty of fluids, and an OTC analgesic. Apply a local analgesic and apply a heating pad and see if it helps. If this does not help, consult a neurologist. A MRI of the spine and nerve conduction studies may also be needed. The treatment is to remove the compression. You have to discuss the best treatment option with a neurologist, which can range from medication to physiotherapy to traction, lumbar belts, lumbar corsets or even surgery. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...