neurofibromatosis
I have NF 1. I have had 5 tumors removed from my right foot. there were 4 remaining. it seems like 2 have grown back and I think I have 2 brand new ones. I also have pain in my back, however no tumor is located there. I can not take pain medications they wither knock me out or make me sick. I have 4 kids to raise and 1 is a cardiac child. so being unable to function (this is on the lowest doses) is not an option. and who wants to vomit all day.
The neurologist is recommending me to try a spinal nerve stimulator. oh I also had a nerve block on my right leg and it was like heaven. it was the first time in 18 years I wasn't in pain. we went and had the tibual nerve cut so I can go on with life. (I have never gone swinming, hiked, biked or anything that involes moving my foot with my children and I want to) the nerve cutting failed. I think it made the pain worse. The only thing that seems to help is sitting in my hot tub at 103 degrees.
What is your opinion on the spinal nerve stimulator. I am desperate.
Michelle