neuropathy
i have peripheral neuropathy  in my feet and i have horrible pain at nite after dark,i can handle the pain in the day time by staying busy but at night it is unbearable.i am not a diabetic and the cause is unkown,would endocet be a good med to take for the pain.
wow!  so sorry to hear this.  my girlfriend has the same problem and she doesn't know the answer either.  I think she takes lyrica but it doesn't seem to
help.  Any idea why it's worse at night? It is for her too.
Pain often spikes at night, at least in my experience. No distractions or activities to steer awareness away from sensation. Also, in some forms of neuropathy, light touch can be very painful, so some people with this kind of problem get relief by rearranging the bedding around their feet, even building a little "hutch" for the feet so that the sheets/blanket are not touching them.
Lyrica, Neurontin, Lamictal, and other anticonvulsants are often prescribed, with varying levels of effectiveness.
Other suggestions I've heard include capsacin cream to desensitize the affected nerves; trigger point massage; keeping the feet cold to numb them; warming them with soft, thick socks.
Good luck reducing or eliminating the pain. It may well resolve on its own.
Hi, I also have neuropathy and it is worse at bedtime for me too. It seems soon as my shoe is off the electrical sensation starts. I take 900mg Gabapentin(Neurontin) at bedtime. I started tucking a firm pillow under the sheets at the end of the bed. I think it helps a little having the support for my feet. Also trying to soak with Epsom salts every other night.
God Bless,
Has anyone tried laser treatment for non diabetic neuropathy, some Chiropractors in Phoenix claim they can cure it.
i take gabapentin 600 mg 4 times a day,tramadol 50 mg 4 times a day repuip 2 mg 2 times a day for restless legs,i was on tramadol hci er 200 mg  i time at night and the pain almost completly went away,but my insurance charges $45.00 for a month where i used to pay $3.10 for it,and my doctor doesen`t want to order pain meds.so what do you do then.i have taken cymbalta,lyrica but the lyrica is bad for my kidney disease.
it hurts so bad when i wear any shoe ,if i do it has to be a sandal.even in the winter i have to wear this kind of shoe.i didn`t know about the epsom salts,i`ll try this
RLS/peripheral neuropathy is tricky to manage, with most meds only providing partial relief, and many contraindicated for people with kidney disease.
Getting pain meds for pain can be very difficult. But other meds, such as Lamictal (lamotrigine) and other anticonvulsants, are often prescribed for pain management, and do not raise docs' concerns about dependence/addition or resale on the street.
Try talking to your regular doctor, that is to say your primary care physician or whoever has been prescribing the meds you've been taking, about such meds. Don't demand pain meds (that just seems to upset a lot of docs), but do discuss possible new meds for treating your condition, since the current ones seem to have lost their effectiveness or become too expensive.