no drugs for pain?
My bf has been on Lortab, Oxy, etc for pain for over 10 years.  He had problems with the growth plates in his right leg, which was later amputated (5 yrs ago).  He is trying to get off Lortab and everything else, but his back is in pain due to a chronic limp.  Is there anything he can do for pain management that DOES NOT include drugs, or at least, not addictive ones?
I cannot imagine how much pain an amputation can bring. That is a tough situation. Opiates are a godsend and the devil at the same time. There are a lot of holistic options for pain these days. There are also non-narcotic injections and some non-opiate medications. Try to get in touch with a pain center. I am guessing after ten years he is probably physically and mentally dependent on them. A lot of his real pain may even be resolved by now and replaced with the pain of withdrawl symptoms. See if he wants to try a drug called Suboxone. It eliminates the pain of withdrawl, but has a minimal amount of pain killing ability. That may help determine what is really causing his pain at this point. It is a narcotic and potentially addictive, but I think it might help answer some questions. Good luck. That sounds like a tought situation. I wish you both luck.