on very low dose of methadone read please
74 days ago was on 10 mgs of methadone..before that time period i was on 120 mgs..i detoxed it from issues of going to the bathroom..it was ripping me and nothing would work..so now im at 2.5mgs aday. on y own..i need to go back to pain mangement..what will they do up me back to 10mgs for my sevre pain ??  or will it be a small increase at each mnonth...my 1st pain doc is on a 3 yr suspension from DEA.. he was prescribing methadone to fast..thats how i was to be at 120 mgs...its crazy cu at 1 week i was on 240 mgs of waffers..then 160  then 120 for 2 yrs..but i found out that 10 mgs aday did as good 4 me as 120 did...please explain how they could dose me..since im still on 2.5mgs..could they go write to 10 mgs aday..THE PAIN IS WAY OUT OF CONTROL.. it took over 70 days to feel about every pain  i have.....thanks
You need to speak yo your doctor about the dosage your on and if it is not effective maybe you should try something else. I am sure the doctor will work with you to keep your dos low if the lower dose works and if not let him/her know it is not working so you can up your dose or try something different.
You did awesome going from 120mg to 2.5mg! I am really impressed:)