opiate pain meds
can a drug test tell what diffrence between vicodin or oxycodone?
There are different kinds of drug tests, so it depends on the type of test. The short answer is yes.
Yes there are tests that can. I was prescribed oxycodone and took a couple of vicodins a few days before my appt and it showed up on the test as different. I didnt think it would but sure enough it did.
Vicodin (Hydrocodone) can be detected within 6 days and Oxycodone from 6 to 24 hours. Some labs have changed their testing procedures lately to enable different drugs to be identified during a drug screening.
Absolutely - a drug test WILL show the difference between Hydrocodone and Oxycodone. That's one reason that so many people have lost their PM  - Pain Management - Doctors and no longer have any Pain Management to help them with their pain.

It's VERY important that you take the medication that your Doctor prescribes to you AND that you take it ONLY the way that is prescribed!!  Otherwise, you will wind up in trouble.

I wish you the best and hope that you will be able to find another Dr.  IF you have lost one because of a Failed Urine Test.  If you are THINKING of using a medication that isn't prescribed for you - then I would tell you NOT to do it!!  You could wind up losing your PM Doctor and have NOTHING to help you with your CP - Chronic Pain anymore.

Good Luck and PLEASE let us know what the results of your test was as we are concerned for you......Sherry