Pain Management Community
ovarian cyst pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

ovarian cyst pain

I used to work at a conveinience store. I mistakingly sold beer to a minor. I am now on probation. I have ovarian cysts, so I deal with alot of pain. I had a prescription for oxycodone(tylox), that ran out and I took a couple of my mother-in-laws hydrocodone(lortab) to help the pain one day. I have to be drug screened for probation now. Will they be able to tell the difference between the two opiates? I know I should not have taken someone elses medicine but I hurt.
Depending on what type of screening it was, they can tell the difference between the two.  Did you disclose you were taking anything?  Usually you tell them and show them your prescription bottle and as long as it's prescribed to you, they don't even disclose it to your employer.  If they do see that something has shown up that you do not have a prescription for, they will tell your employer.  Sorry.

Mel
Ovarian Cysts are usually treatable by taking hormones like Depot or even the pill. They stop the growth of them.
Your cysts shouldnt be causing you that much discomfort unless they are rupturing(which usually isnt dangerous) or causing your ovary to twist which is considered an acute situation because it cuts off the blood flow to your ovary and will require emergency surgery.
Usually you dont even feel them until they rupture or twist.
Get it taken care of.

Then you wont need to worry about narcotic pain meds.

As someone said it dependson the test they ase but being it is probation they ould most likly use the advanced test which shows every single drug. The two are different drugs chemically so yes they ill now. Be u front and you'll be better off!