Pain Management Community
oxycodone to fentanyl patch

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

oxycodone to fentanyl patch

I'm an addict new to recovery but am still on prescribed oxycotin for diagnosis where opiates are unavoidable at this point ( yes my doctor knows I'm a recovering addict)! I currently take 120mg oxy/IR AND 120mg oxy/ER... The total combined dose compared to what I was taking on the streets is very low! I start 75mcg/hr patch tonight as replacement for oxy... how soon will it be before I notice better pain management as the oxy it is barely a bandaid! I cannot tolerate this kind of pain anymore even if it's minimal relief at first??
It takes the entire month of patches to get fully transferred over to Fentanyl.  You may notice them starting to help after 3 or so patches. Your Dr may keep you on some of the oral opiates till your feeling the relief of the patch.