pain and pitting edema
I have extreme pain and pitting edema in both of my legs that makes it hard for me to walk or do anything. I am seeing a doctor at a clinic because I have no insurance and have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism I have been taking my meds for over a month the way they are prescribed but I'm not getting better I just continue to get more swelling and pain everyday.  I'm 28 years old but I feel like I'm 80. does anyone know what is causing this and what I can do for it? I'm at the end of my rope with this condition its made me have to allow other people to care for my 2 kids because Im not able! PLEASE HELP ME!!!
oops didnt mean to post this twice to the same place
first of all, are you overweight or have high blood pressure?  i am not trying to be smart but i am asking because when i was heavier, and had high blood pressure, my feet and legs had a pitting edema some.  also as a nurse, and working in the hospital, i seen a lot of diabetics with severe pitting edema that actually weeped fluid and they had to wrap them.  are you taking blood pressure medication?  if you are heavy, try cutting your salt intact.  i used to weigh 285 and starting counting fat grams.  a woman can have 30 grams of fat a day which gives you a lot of food.  i actually couldn't eat a whole 30 grams a day.
hello Kieth,

I posted on the thread same thread that you posted in the Thyroid Community. Unfortunately when I was reviewing your profile page and posts I clicked on the wrong community post.

At any rate I didn't want you to think that your questions where not being responded to in this forum. I do think that the Thyroid Forum was another good place to express your concerns.

Please take care,
~Tuck