Pain Management Community
pain around the breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

pain around the breast

i am middle aged for the past few days i feel ***** pain around my breast, i am worried about it, can you help in this regards. please post your answer
Tags: Breast
Hi Charlene,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum of MedHelp. I am sorry you are having breast pain. It is concerning for us woman when that happens.

I too have had breast pain on and off most of my adult life as does my sister. My pain is only in my left breast. We have fibrocystic breasts. Sometimes the pain can be around the breasts. Sometimes it actually hurts to touch, lay on or even wear tight under garments.  When I have a "flare" of pain I give up all caffeine, unfortunately that means chocolate. If your symptoms are similar you could also have the same condition.

Are you having any other symptoms? Is your pain left-sided and possibly cardiac related? Do you have pain with inspirations or are you short of air? Are these pains sharp or shooting?  If so than you should seek medical attention asap.

Please let us know how you are doing. I will look forward to your next post. Best Regards and Peace, Tuck
Hello Charlene and welcome to the Pain Forum:

Sorry to hear of the Breast pain. I would suggest a mamogram (mammogram). Middle age is not too young for one. In fact, the Medical Community is now pressing for one to be done when med-life occurs. I hope you can get to the bottom of this. Sorry I don't have any other advise for you. Please take care and good luck in the future,
Mollyrae
Hi Again Charlene,

I second Mollyrae's suggestion.  She saw the obvious and I missed it. Absolutely you should get a Mammogram. Unfortunately I just assumed that you get regular mammograms but even if you do, new pain would dictate thet you have a repeat.

If you didn't know cancer of the breast is almost always painless. So please let us know how you are doing. Best of Luck and take care, Tuck