Pain Management Community
pain during sleep
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pain during sleep

lower back pain and i constantly turn around and wake up at early hours like 2 or even 1 or 4... i feel i could have slept more but am no longer able to...  what is this pain that also disturbs me on the left lower side of my back?i am not old at all i am relatively young! it happens often and now as well!
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1855076_tn?1337118903
It could be anything really.  You could have a disk issue.  Or it could be something as simple as your mattress.  How old is your mattress?  My back pain (and hip) eased up a lot when I bought a new mattress.  You could try the pillow-tops you can buy; they can be pretty good.  Are you using an OTC medication?  If you can't improve your sleep by some of these methods, you can see your doctor to see what they suggest.

Also, sleeping with a pillow between your legs can help ease back pain.
Blank
1271743_tn?1320896061
Some nights I wake up every 2hrs or so as if its scheduled.  It is really annoying especially when I am hurting.  I think its stress related, like your body goes to sleep but your brain just keeps going... it doesn't happen when I have my xanax to help me sleep.  When I have it I am out like a light! lol. Good Luck.
Blank
lol xanaxis a life killer but a great pain reliefer my mother has often told meabout how bad that medecines is. But youa re right, it must definetly be stress related. However, could it be that i am stressed every single day?? well thank you very much for the feedback!
Blank
thank you very much! however, i have tried that pillow idea sometime ago. It only seems to transfer a feeling of uncomfortableness in another part of my body like my stomach or upper back :S lol...like some kind of stalker... anyway thanks!i just hope its not too serious!
Blank
you need to be on a long acting narcotic,,methadone..this way your pains are coverd 24/7,.,.i know what your going threw i have buldging discs,knees you have pains in back you my as well have pain everywere,,cuz it moves all over your torso..
Blank
oh thank you for the feedback! Its nice to know its nothing too serious!... but drugs are quite bad for health... i wonder sometimes why things are so difficult! :S
Blank
1331804_tn?1336870958
Do you only experiencing the low back at night when you sleep?  If so, I agree with marycarmel that it could very well be your mattress.  I just bought a new mattress and it has helped with my pain A LOT.  You could also try to sleep on your back with a pillow underneath your knees instead of on your side.

You should consider talking to your doctor about your pain, especially if you have low back pain during the day as well.  They can order an MRI to see if you have spinal issues going on that could be contributing to your pain.  I am 31 years old, which is consider fairly young and I have advanced degenerative disc disease in my low back...so it depends more on genetics and how much wear and tear has been put on the spine over the years versus age.  So don't think that just because you are young, that there is nothing medically wrong to cause your pain.  It is important to get the appropriate tests from your doctor regardless of your age to maintain good health for many years to come.

I hope you feel better soon!

femmy
Blank
the pillow idea really doesn't work on me but thank you very much! thank you that helps :D
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...